1. The importance of remembering to remove your wet towel and suit from your swim bag!
There are two types of athletes: either there is constantly suits and towels hanging up to dry somewhere in your house or a mouldy dead smell coming from their swim bag.
2. Food is everything.... (**well duh**)
Swimmer appetites are legendary! #becausefood
3. Acceptance that your personal scent is "chlorine".... probably FOREVER!
4. That your hair is permanently wet because of how much training you do.
And if you are a girl, a messy bun is the only hairstyle you know.
5. That it feels like you've lost a friend when your favourite cap or goggles break.
And don't get me started on torn race suit before your event or having to say goodbye to your favourite training suit once the elastic finally gives out.
6. The awesomeness that is having a lane completely to yourself.
It is a rare and exciting luxury.
7. You have learned there’s a fine line between leaky goggles and a massive headache.
People are often asking if you're tired because it looks like you have bags under your eyes but they are really just goggle marks.
8. You learn to bite your tongue when a non-swimmer thinks they’d be pretty fast in the pool because they work out.